Personal Injury Lawyer | Pedestrian Safety Tips
Personal Injury Lawyer | With back-to-school season in full effect, there is more to think about then just passenger safety. With the start of school we see an increase in foot traffic and biking as well. Being mindful of pedestrians can help prevent serious, sometimes fatal injuries.
Pedestrian accidents can be a tragic event for a family, most frequently involving a child or an elderly individual. Teaching and practicing the following will help in keeping your loved ones safe:
- Always use designated crosswalks.
- Wait for the school buses to make a complete stop before approaching.
- Look in all directions prior to crossing any street, even if the walk signal is lit.
As a driver, you can follow these safe driving tips to help in keeping our children safe:
- Never pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children. The bus will notify drivers by turning on flashing red lights and extending a stop sign. If you are on an undivided road, you must stop regardless of the direction in which you are driving.
- Be aware and look for children that may be walking behind your car or crossing in front.
- Don’t speed, especially when in neighborhoods or school zones.
Injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents are often time severe or life-threatening depending on how fast a vehicle was going. If you or a loved one has been hit by a vehicle in the state of Florida you may be due compensation. – Miami Injury
The personal injury lawyers at Printy & Printy can inform you of legal options you may not know you have. If you or a loved one has experienced an injury or wrongful death due to someone else’s negligence, contact The Personal Injury Department at Printy & Printy.
Call today for a confidential consultation | Tampa 813.434.0649 | Tallahassee 850.877.7299
Like us on Facebook for more information!